Zoo Med New Zealand Sphagnum Moss (80cu in)
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Zoo Med’s New Zealand Sphagnum Moss is preferred over any other type of moss for terrarium use due to its unique softness and amazing moisture-holding ability. This lush, carpet-like moss can hold moisture up to 20 times its dry weight!
- Great for live plants and incredibly long-lasting; after other substrates have decomposed, this moss remains usable and can be washed and reused several times.
- Harvested using sustainable methods to ensure that it will be around for future generations!
- Holds more water and stays moist longer than any other type of moss!
- Natural compounds in moss prevent it from decomposing in humid environments.
- Excellent top substrate for Zoo Med’s Naturalistic Terrariums.
- For use with most species of frogs, toads, salamanders, newts, and invertebrates including Hermit Crabs. Can also be used with small snakes including Green Snakes, Ribbon Snakes, Garter Snakes, etc.